“Travelling is expensive but the great experiences and memories are priceless.” – This Scribbler Mum
Summer is fast approaching and because this means that the kids are going to be off school for a few weeks, it is also a good time to have some family bonding time. What better way to do this than going on a holiday and making beautiful memories!
But of course, I always try to plan for big vacations months in advance. Though travelling is a lot of fun, when you have kids, it can also be quite stressful and let’s face it – expensive. Most especially if you’re planning a long haul trip, you want to make sure that you are well prepared.
In this post, I want to share my checklist of things that need to be done a few months ahead before jetting off.
1. Decide on the destination. (Something I like to do many months in advance in order to be able to prepare financially and also to be able to sort out any needed travel documents.)
2. Check for the best deals for flights and accommodation. (Taking into consideration the needs of the kiddies and things like duration of layovers.)
3. Before buying the tickets, make sure that passports, visas and/or other tavel documents are in order.
4. Book the tickets and accommodations. (When booking accommodations, consider your flight’s arrival time and the hotel’s check-in time.)
5. Get a reliable comprehensive travel insurance. Get covered the sooner the better.
6. Check for needed travel vaccines and when to get them.
7. Read up on necessary information from all airlines you will fly with, airports you’ll be travelling through and countries you will visit.
8. Make a list of items that you will need and want to bring for the trip. (Write them down as you think of them.)
9. No need to wait until the last minute to shop for the things you need. Keep an eye out for sales and discounts and get your shopping done little by little.
10. Monitor the currency exchange and try to get the best rate for some cash to bring with you. (Having some cash at hand is always handy.)
These are just the things that I get done in advance but as the holiday is fast approaching, a lot of other preparations need to get done too to ensure that our family vacation goes as smoothly as possible.
Check out my books and other products on my Products page!
** I would love to hear your thoughts. You can leave your comments below. You can do this anonymously or if you want me to know who you are and be able to visit your site too, you also have the option to provide additional details along with your comment.